Federal Affairs Workshop
June 23, 2015
The Florida Defense Contractors Association (FDCA)
hosts an annual Workshop in Washington, D.C. that is exclusive to FDCA Members (Not a member? Join HERE). This event brings together FDCA members with senior Congressional leaders and
staffs, Administration officials, and Defense industry executives to discuss
federal budget and acquisition trends and opportunities.
The Federal Affairs Workshop is a one day, non-partisan, educational, and networking event, held near Capitol Hill at the Capitol Hill Club (map
). The schedule allows for same day travel to and from throughout Florida. This is an FDCA Members Only event.
Now in its sixth year, the Federal Affairs Workshop includes presentations by U.S. Government acquisition and policy professionals and panel discussions led by senior budget and Washington office personnel from many of the largest Department of Defense prime contractors. Topics include budget forecasting, subcontracting and partnerships, and working with the US Congress.
This year's confirmed VIPs and Speakers include:
- Congressman Ander Crenshaw (FL-4), House Appropriations Committee
- Congressman David Jolly (FL-13), House Appropriations Committee
- Congresswoman Gwen Graham (FL-2), House Armed Services Committee
- Congressman Mario Diaz-Balart (FL-25), House Budget Committee
- Congressman Carlos Curbelo (FL-26), House Transportation &
Infrastructure, House Small Business Committees
- Mr. Alan Estevez, Principal Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics
- Mr. Jim McAlseese, McAleese and Associates
- RADM Craig Faller, USN, U.S. Navy Chief of Legislative Affairs
- Key Washington-based industry executives
What your Federal Affairs Workshop Registration provides* you:
Attend the welcome networking reception the evening of June 22nd near Capitol
Attend ALL panels, keynote speeches, spotlight remarks, light breakfast, lunch and special Congressional reception June 23rd (a very full day)
Event materials including program and directory listing your company as a
tremendous and uncommon learning opportunity
schedule that allows you to maximize your time in DC and allowing you to return
to your business as soon as possible
* You will need to procure your own transportation and lodging in addition to registering for the event.